Each year, our leadership team takes time to look back on the past 12 months and reflect on our organization’s accomplishments as we gather content for our annual report. This publication is one that always brings to light all the great things our community partners do that allow us to continue to be successful as we work tirelessly to serve youth to the best of our ability each and every day.
Piecing together the 2020 Annual Report was particularly uplifting for us. We’ve ALL been weathering an ongoing pandemic that sometimes makes it challenging to keep spirits up and stay focused on moving forward. But we managed to remain intentional about continuously reminding ourselves of all the positive things happening within the walls of our Boys & Girls Club and throughout our community.
And after a full year of navigating so many uncertainties, a year of pivoting through constant twists and turns, we feel extremely grateful to be able to look back knowing we truly gave it our all to do Whatever It Takes to be there for kids and families who need us most. We are so thankful to have a community who believes in us and continues to show up in big ways, even through the most difficult times.
2020 Stat Highlights:
- Record-setting Reach for the Stars Dinner & Auction in February, raising over $112,000 just weeks before the COVID-19 pandemic struck (LUCKY!)
- Partnered with the Fond du Lac School District and Aramark Food Service to distribute nearly 35,000 meals to families in need during forced shutdown period.
- Provided daily virtual programs for Club members, positively impacting 175 youth while we all stayed safe at home.
- With guidance from the FDL Health Department, reopened for summer programming at the Johnsonville Club and The Arc Fond du Lac, serving 80 youth per day for eight (8) weeks.
- Reopened eight (8) locations for afterschool programming in September, and pivoted to provide all day programming when public schools went 100% virtual in November.